Subscribe in a reader
UnRated Magazine Review: 'Give Me 'Ed... Til I'm Dead' Tour with Motörhead and Dio launches July 21st!
Iron Maiden offer up 'Visions of the Beast' DVD on July 15th
'Give Me 'Ed... Til I'm Dead' Tour with Motörhead and Dio launches July 21st!
New album readied for the Fall
For over 20 years, Iron Maiden have been at the forefront of metal, clocking up over 50 million album sales and legions of adoring fans worldwide.
For the first time ever, they have compiled every one of their promotional videos into an awesome two-DVD set which runs from 1980's 'Women In Uniform' through to the band's now legendary headlining slot in front of 250,000 fans at 2001's Rock In Rio performing 'Brave New World.'
With a running time in excess of three hours, 'Visions Of The Beast' is the definitive chronicle of Iron Maiden through the years and includes many videos that were previously unavailable. Not only is every video the band has ever made included - 31 in total - but each DVD features never-before-seen Camp Chaos animated versions of six classic tracks, interactive menus and discographies, and some special hidden extras.
The tracklisting for 'Visions Of The Beast' includes:
- Women In Uniform (Brixton Academy 1980 - UK Promo)
- Wrathchild (Live at The Rainbow, London 1980)
- Run To The Hills (Brixton Academy 1981 - UK Promo)
- The Number Of The Beast (Newcastle City Hall 1982 - UK Promo)
- Flight Of Icarus (UK Promo)
- The Trooper (Brixton 1983 - UK Promo)
- 2 Minutes To Midnight (World Slavery Tour 1984 - UK Promo)
- Aces High (World Slavery Tour 1984 - UK Promo)
- Wasted Years (UK Promo)
- Stranger In A Strange Land (Sheffield 1986- UK Promo)
- Can I Play With Madness (UK Promo)
- The Evil That Men Do (Los Angeles 1988 - UK Promo)
- The Clairvoyant (Donington 1988 - UK Promo)
- Infinite Dreams (Live) (Birmingham NEC - from "Maiden England")
- Holy Smoke (UK Promo)
- Tailgunner (US Promo single only - not commercial release)
DVD 1 Extras:
- Aces High (Camp Chaos version) - never used
- The Number Of The Beast (Camp Chaos version) - never used
- Futureal (Football Version)
- Fear Of The Dark (Rock In Rio) - full version with 5.1 Sound
- Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter (UK Promo)
- Be Quick Or Be Dead (London 1992 - UK Promo)
- From Here To Eternity (UK Promo)
- Wasting Love (London 1992 - US Promo - not released in UK)
- Fear Of The Dark (Donington 1992 - from "Donington Live 1992")
- Hallowed Be Thy Name - (Donington 1992 - from "Donington Live 1992")
- Man On The Edge (UK Promo)
- Afraid To Shoot Strangers (X Factor Tour - Used for promo - not released as a single)
- Lord Of the Flies ( X Factor Tour - UK Promo)
- Virus ( X Factor Tour - UK Promo)
DVD 2 Extras:
'Visions Of The Beast'
- The Wicker Man (Camp Chaos Version) - not used previously
- Flight Of Icarus (Camp Chaos Version) - Promo
- Run To The Hills (Camp Chaos Version) - Promo
is every metal fan's dream, and serves as a timely reminder of just how important Iron Maiden are in the history of rock music. It is also the most concise and entertaining collection of their defining moments ever released - and a damn fine way to get psyched for their incredible new album, due in the Fall.
The DVD is being released in conjunction with their upcoming globe-trotting marathon - the 'Give Me 'Ed... Til I'm Dead' World Tour. Of the trek, lead singer Bruce Dickinson states, "This tour is all about having fun as the name suggests. We love summer and we love playing big shows. We are going to be playing a lot of our favorite Maiden songs and many people know we've got a new album in the pipeline for later this year so perhaps we'll be playing a new song or two, but basically it will be full on Maiden! The band is firing on all cylinders and the show will be as spectacular as always."
- 7/21/03 Worcester, MA Centrum Centre
- 7/22/03 Hartford, CT Meadows Music Theater
- 7/23/03 Philadelphia, PA Tweeter Centre at the Waterfront
- 7/25/03 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center
- 7/26/03 Wantagh, NY Tommy Hilfiger at Jones Beach
- 7/29/03 Washington, DC Merriweather Post Pavilion
- 7/30/03 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
- 8/1/03 Quebec City, QC, Can. Colisee de Quebec
- 8/2/03 Montreal, QC, Can. Bell Centre
- 8/3/03 Toronto, ON, Can. Molson Amphitheatre
- 8/5/03 Cleveland, OH Blossom Music Centre
- 8/6/03 Detroit, MI DTE Energy Centre
- 8/8/03 Pittsburgh, PA Post Gazette Pavilion
- 8/9/03 Columbus, OH Polaris Amp./ Germain
- 8/10/03 Chicago, IL Tweeter Center
- 8/13/03 Dallas, TX Smirnoff Music Centre
- 8/15/03 San Antonio, TX Verizon Wireless Amp.
- 8/16/03 Houston, TX Woodlands Pavilion
- 8/18/03 El Paso, TX U.T.E.P.
- 8/20/03 Denver, CO Fiddler's Green
- 8/21/03 Albuquerque, NM Journal Pavilion
- 8/22/03 Phoenix, AZ Cricket Pavilion
- 8/24/03 Irvine, CA Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- 8/25/03 Long Beach, CA Long Beach Arena
- 8/26/03 San Diego, CA San Diego Sports Arena
- 8/28/03 San Jose, CA Shoreline Amphitheater
- 8/29/03 Concord, CA Chronicle Pavilion
- 8/30/03 Sacramento, CA Sleep Train Pavilion
Publicity Release Courtesy of Chipster Entertainment