On September 9, 2017 I had the chance, to interview and photograph, a new and upcoming artist name K.Flay. She has been around for a few years. I saw her first time a couple of years ago at the House of Blues in Chicago. She was wonderful. I could not wait to see how she had developed with her career since then. This interview was conducted during her radio show in Pittsburgh at X-Fest.
X-Fest is an annual music festival held each year in various venues throughout the U.S. by Clear Channel Communications radio stations. It features alternative rock, hard rock, heavy metal, grunge, and industrial rock bands. Wikipedia)
Some of the topics that you will see in the video interview are:
- K. Flay starting her tour with Imagine Dragons.
- Growing up in Illinois.
- How her dad influences as a musician himself attributed to her upbringing.
- How she "Got Screwed" by her first record company.
- Comparing your first record deal to first marriage.
- How she has empower herself.
- Working against Trump with Billboard help.
- Her future of her being a podcast star.
- "The Earth is melting."
- "We are not into climate change. We are into climate wisdom"